Monday, April 12, 2010

Cute Card Thursday and Charisma Cardz

I managed to make this card from an image that i had already coloured up and was hiding in my coloured image folder... it works perfectly for this weeks challenge over at Cute Card Thursday which is Mono Mania.

I have used the papers from the bitter sweet paper pad by basic grey for this one. i have gone round the edges of the papers with my usual touch of distress inks, and some stickles glue for added sparkle. I even managed to use my thank you embossing folder on this card, so this can also be entered into the Charisma Cardz challege this week which is... you guessed it Thank you.... :)

I added some lace which i I can't remember where i bought it.... and a swirl that has been cut from one of my new T!m Holtz dies... loving these at the mo... i used the ticket one the other day messing around... one word...love!!! i can see i'll be using that one alot.... :)

The sweet old fashioned looking image is a Penny black.. i don't know what it is called as there is no name on the block!? sorry..

I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend. We (Paul and I) went up to Ally Pally on the Saturday...It was all a little last minute I  didn't buy very much but it was wonderful to say hello and meet up with my buddies Bev and Jacqui, Marlene and the quiet Caz...haha.... and so brilliant to meet in person the lovely lovely Katharina and Marcel from Whiff of Joy.. what lovely people they are, thank you for my goodies Katharina... mwah..  I saw a few other blogging buddies on my travels around... **waving**.

We saw Aaron back off Safe and sound back to the plane after his two week leave, it was lovely to have him home, though the beginning of the two weeks was like living in a nightmare as he started his journey home... with his brother Tom from Scotland... (Tom flew up on the night before to keep Aaron company on the drive home) and within 20 mins of them leaving I get a phone call from Aaron saying that they had had an accident, where Aaron's car has since been written off. Both boys were unhurt (thank goodness) and no-one else was involved. but what a drama, scared the living daylights out of me.. nothing worse than not being able to do anything... all i could think was what if!!! well they eventually got back here at 10:30pm (after originally starting their journey at 7am) that night and £500.00 lighter in the wallet. after traveling all day on the trains... Aaron says he won't be travelling by train for that distance again... lol... bless.

big hugz Rachxxx

No comments: