Thursday, June 17, 2010

Kenny K!! have you seen the new images available? how cool!

good morning… hope that you are all well.. another gorgeous and sunny day here today.. :))puts me in such a good mood.. i have cleaned the house washed the laundry hung it on the line and walked the dog this morning.. came home and finished sticking my card together.
I am loving these new Kenny K images… Donna has been showing a little previews of them for a little while now and i have been dying to get my hands on them… :)) I bought the one that i have used on my card today and a few others from here. I think that there is a request for some challenge dt member for a new challenge blog that is going live soon for these images… check out Donna’s blog for more details. on what you have to do..
i am not entering into the design team call but just wanted to give a shout out to some fantastic images..

I had a ball colouring this sweetie in called download diva.. :)

the picture above shows the copic colours that i used to colour the image in…

here is my finished card using the download diva image.. i have gone for a shabby chic look.. i love the way that Kathy has been adding the paint to the edges of her cards so thought that i would case that idea on my card today… love the effect that it gives, (thank you for the inspiration Kathy honey.. :)) i think that you are going to be seeing alot more of this from me in the future… tis a bit messy and has a bit more waiting time to dry but the end result is well worth it.. I think so anyway..
I have used some papers from the tim holtz vintage shabby pad using the pink and blue/green papers out of the pad.. i was asked the other day what are the main colours in the pad… well there are basically… pink… blue/green…and a pumice brown colour.. i was also asked which colour distress inks would match these papers.. unfortunately life gets in the way of playing sometimes and i haven’t had the time to play with the colour matching..
the shades of the papers vary depending on the design.. with added darker tones here and there.. i can’t explain propery… sorry..
the bliss ticket is another tim holtz product. i have added a couple of prima flowers and some lace from my stash.. finishing off with a few musical notes that i cut out from coredinations cardstock using a quickutz die. and just sanding the edges.
the previews for some new stamps that will soon be available  from whiff of joy stamps will start tomorrow on the whiff of joy design teams blogs, so be sure to look out for the previews of these brilliant stamps..
boy i have rambled on today.. not like me at all.. hope that i haven’t bored you to tears.. enjoy the rest of your day whatever you are doing…

No comments: